Making phone calls from your Windows 10 PC is now possible, using the Microsoft “Your Phone” application. If you have an Android phone, you can take advantage of this Windows 10 feature. Not only can you make and receive phone calls, you can also see your Android phone’s notifications, photos, and messages on your desktop. To be able to use this new feature, you will need to pair your smart-phone to Windows 10 using Blue-tooth, and then connect both devices to the Internet.
How to place and receive calls on Windows 10:
- 1. Download and install Your Phone from the Microsoft Store.
- Launch the Your Phone app and click Get Started.
- Sign-in with your Microsoft account and click ‘Continue’.
- To link your phone, download Your Phone Companion app from the Play Store.
- Sign-in with the same Microsoft account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
To establish a connection for outgoing phone calls, ensure that you have blue-tooth enabled on both your PC and phone, and that “Focus Assist” is turned off for Windows 10. Once configured, you will be able to access and search your phone’s contacts, view call history, and have an on-screen dial-pad. You will also have the ability to send voice notes as well.
Frankenstein Computers has been taking care of our happy clients since 1999. We specialize in affordable IT Support, IT Service, MAC repair, PC Repair, Virus Removal, web design and much more. Give us a call for remote support or drop in to drop off. Check out what our clients are saying about us on Yelp!