With so many of us currently working from home and the sharp increase in popularity of web conferencing software Zoom the software became a prime target for hackers. Lately there have been a string of occurrences where hackers have gained control of Zoom meetings that others are hosing, using the access to disrupt and post inappropriate messages, images etc. Thankfully here are a few things people can do to lock those meetings down. Unfortunately for most Zoom meetings aren’t as entirely private as one would think until you make them so. Here is how:
Lock the meeting:
- Choose the option ‘Manage Participants’ near the bottom.
- On the right side men choose ‘More’ and pick the option ‘Lock Meeting
Stop the option to Share
- At the bottom of the screen you will see an arrow next to ‘Share’ click this
- Then ‘Advanced Sharing Options”
- Move ‘Who can share?’ from ‘all participants’ to ‘Only Host’
Doing these two simple steps should help you feel more secure in your meetings.
If you have any concerns about your privacy while working from home or have any issues with your remote or VPN setup Frankenstein Computers is here to help.
Frankenstein Computers has been taking care of our happy clients since 1999. We specialize in IT Support,
IT Service, MAC repair, PC Repair, Virus Removal, and much more. Give us a call for remote support or drop in to drop off.