- Stay away from Facebook quizzes.
- Don’t tell the world 10 things about you on social media, since some of those may be answers to your forgot my password challenge questions.
- Don’t post things online that may give clues about your passwords (e.g., pet names). If your password is the name of your pet, you should probably change that anyway.
- Don’t post photos of your home workstation.
- Don’t click on questionable links, especially those prompted by urgency or fear.
- Be aware of your social media settings and which posts are or may become publicly accessible by anyone.
- Be aware of new friend requests from people you are already friends with but actually came from someone else that just copied their profile info.
Trickbot is malware that, if installed, will steal your bank and payment passwords as you use them. So far Trickbot comes in through links in emails offering COVID-19 testing and warnings and links in text messages informing the user that their phone is being monitored as being near the phone of someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and to click the link for next steps.
Frankenstein Computers has been taking care of our happy clients since 1999. We specialize in IT Support,
IT Service, MAC repair, PC Repair, Virus Removal, and much more. Give us a call for remote support or drop in to drop off.