It is a pretty alarming name, is it not? Everything has to have an apocalypse-geddon-end-of-times name now days. No, we did not coin it; we are just here to let you know what it is.
As of April 21st, 2015, Google (we are sure you have heard of them) has changed its search algorithm to rank sites higher if they are mobile friendly. If they are not, then you get booted down the proverbial ladder for sites that are. Considering that mobile devices overtook desktop viewing of the web a few years ago, it is understandable really (see the facts at the bottom of this article). So what does that mean to you?
Is my website Mobile Friendly?
There are a few different ways to find out.
- First, if you are looking at your website on a desktop or laptop computer, just grab the corner of your web browser, and resize it horizontally to roughly phone size. Does the site layout change? Do you have to scroll to the right or left to read anything? Sorry, your site is not.
Do not lose your search ranking!
- Look at your site on a phone or tablet. Do you have to zoom in, or is everything legible? Once again, there should be NO horizontal scrolling from side to side to find, read, or see anything.
For an example, if you’re looking at our site on a desktop, and then change your browser size. See how it adapts to whatever size you change it to. If you are reading this article on a tablet or phone, then you already know. This is what is known as Responsive Design. You can also use Google’s Mobile Friendly test.
How do I fix my website?
We can help out with this as well. You have many options of where to start from.
- Give us a call: 512.419.9777 or use our Contact Page.
- Have us take a look at your website for a free evaluation.
- Take a look at the different Website Packages, and find the one that works best for you.
Here are the facts
More people will use mobile phones than PCs to get online.
From 2009 to 2015, Desktop Internet Users went from 1.4 billion, to 1.6 billion.
In that same timeframe,
Mobile Internet Users
went from 800 million to
Recent industry data states that internet users in the United States spent more than 1,159 billion minutes online across multiple digital platforms in 2014.
MOBILE ONLINE ACCESS HAS OVERTAKEN TRADITIONAL DESKTOP INTERNET USAGE
SMARTPHONE AND TABLET OWNERS ALREADY SPEND MORE TIME ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICES THAN PCS.
As of 2015, there will be one mobile device for EVERY person on earth.
According to Google (remember those guys?)
Mobile searches have grown by
71% — Mobile phone users expect websites to load on their mobile device as easily as on their mobile phones as their desktops.
57% — Would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site.
40% — Consumers will turn to a competitor’s website after a bad mobile experience.
Frankenstein Computers has been taking care of our happy clients since 1999. We specialize in affordable IT Support, Cyber Security, IT Service, IT Security, Office 365, Cloud, VOIP, SPAM, Wireless, Network Design, MAC repair, PC Repair, Virus Removal, remote support, web design and much more. Check out what our clients have to say about us on Yelp!